Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Icons don't make excuses. Legends don't sleep in.

Two mornings in a row I was up at 5AM (not on purpose) and I went back to bed.  I am not going to lie, Mind over Mattress is not easy.  I don't know how many of you struggled to do this the first time you said you were going to, but I wonder if you struggled too.

I find myself using my children as an excuse.  Part of me wants to be validated and part of me knows other successful people have had children and made it work.  

On Twitter this morning I saw a quote tweeted by Robin Sharma.  It said At the heart of mastery is consistency.  This may be where I am going wrong.  I haven't been very consistent with my bedtime, eliminating distraction before sleeping and using meditation (or hypnosis).

This is a vicious cycle.  If I was up at 5AM, I could plan all of that into my day and find time for it.  But because I don't get up, I don't plan a consistent day.

I really thought this was going to be easy. Sigh!!!

But alas, Icons don't make excuses. Legends don't sleep in.
Another Tweet by Robin Sharma




No comments:

Post a Comment