Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Journey Starts with a Desire!

The idea just hit me a few days ago to journal my journey through this phase of my life, the phase where I am looking to better myself and my life.  Don't get me wrong, my current life is WONDERFUL!  But I feel ordinary.

I need to preface this whole blog by saying I am not trying to be egocentric.  This blog is strictly to demonstrate the power within us using myself as a tool.  It is a teaching tool for others who want to become extraordinary!  

If I can do this, ANYONE can do it!  I am going to be very real about this.  All the ups and downs will be documented.  Do I think it will be easy?  I don't know but I WANT THIS SO BAD but I know it won't be perfect.

The story begins...

Rewind about 2 weeks.  I was cleaning the desktop of my computer, deleting things on there that were no longer relevant to our family's life.  One folder I had on there was called "Gale Glassner Reprogram Your Subconscious".   I have had that folder on my computer since April 2013 - one and a half years.  Holy Procrastination!  I created a playlist in iTunes with the contents of that folder and then loaded it up on my cell phone.  In all my "spare time" I listened to most of the 62 clips.  Most of the contents were talking about Self-Hypnosis and how to reprogram your subconscious to get out of your life what you want.  I am also a big believer in The Secret but that hasn't really stuck and I think because The Secret fails to explain exactly how to go about adopting the Law of Attraction in your life - at least for me anyways.  I will explain that later.

Anyway, I was getting tired of looking at my To-Do list and an idea popped into me head to start using YouTube to find hypnosis-related videos that support what I learned in Gale's program.  First video I searched for was for procrastination.   I have procrastinated for years, well maybe all my life. That is evident that it took me so long, 18 months, to get around to listening to Gale's program.   Thinking back to my school years, I would leave studying and homework until the last minute, sometimes until I got on the bus to go to school.  It is time for a change NOW!

I have a list of things I want to change about my life, but one thing at a time, Gale says, as you don't want to overwhelm or confuse your subconscious.  I found a few videos that I listened to while going to sleep and within 2 days I started to tackle one thing that had been on my list for 1 year.  I was painting letters for my baby's bedroom before she was born.  She is now 11 months old and the letters have been in a bin this whole time, unfinished.  

Then, I stumbled upon someone I had heard about from a friend but had never paid attention or even looked into him.  When I searched on YouTube for Beat Procrastination, ROBIN SHARMA came up and his video, How I Beat Procrasination" resonated with me. Then I found another video from Robin Sharma about the 5 O'clock Club - getting up at 5:00 AM.  The video is called How To Get Up Early.  Watch it as the message is amazing.

Here is what resonates with be from those 2 videos:

  • If you want to be extraordinary you have to do what extraordinary people do
  • Only 5% of our lives are happening in our conscious mind.  So if I can assist the 95% of my mind - the subconscious - with positive images and statements, my life can change BIG TIME for the better.
  • Dream Big - you can have all your dreams come true.  Why does it have to be someone else?  Why not me!?!?!?!  
  • "Change is hard at the beginning, messy in the middle and gorgeous at the end."  Robin Sharma
  • Exercise is so important for many reasons.  We all know this and it's perfect that it's part of my transformation because I have been procrastinating on exercising.  So it will accomplish two things for me:  assist me in achieving my goals and it will be a goal I will accomplish.
  • Many other things but I fear this blog is getting just about too long and there is still so much I have to say.  
I purposed in my mind to get up at 5:00 AM weekdays only.  I have 2 very young children so we'll see what kind of rest I'll get doing this.  Bedtime must be 10:00 PM and no later.  That is going to be pretty easy most days.

Monday morning was going to be DAY 1.  Do you sense some procrastinating excuse coming your way?

Not so!  Even extraordinary people get extra rest when they get sick.  I am currently battling a sinus infection and cold so I've put off my 5AM risings until I am better.  After 8 days of this sickness I'm happy I made the decision.  I started listening to Sleep Hypnosis videos for wellness, health and boosted immune system to get better.

My next post I will start to discuss some of my wins and accomplishments already.

I am hoping by Tuesday morning (Monday is Canadian Thanksgiving) I will be well enough to get up at 5.







No comments:

Post a Comment