Monday, October 20, 2014

Inspiration and Day 1

I've been struggling to articulate exactly what I am trying to achieve.  And then today, while searching for books written by Robin Sharma on his website, I came across the summary of his book, "Who Will Cry When You Die"
from Robinsharma.com
Taken from Robinsharma.com
and it is that summary that I strive for in addition to what I have already.   And here it is...


Ready to live with greater meaning-while you experience greater achievement?

Do you seek more significance as you realize more success?

Do words like “legacy”, “impact” and “contribution” speak deeply to you? [...] 

Discover how to live your dreams, get the most from your days, awaken your power, have more fun, lead the field and make a difference in your life so that when you get to the end, you will feel you've lived greatly.

Taken from Robinsharma.com

That is it!  That is it!   So I'm getting that book to read along with other sources of inspiration I am gleaning from whatever sources I am led to.

I feel this journey is coming from a higher power.  I purposed in my mind and heart to make a change and it is all of this hypnosis and findings that are coming my way.  

So here is my update for Day 1:

I would like to start off each day with an Attitude of Gratitude and today I am thankful for the family I have created.  My loving, engaged husband who is an awesome life partner, my 2 healthy children and my own health and well being to be the best Mom I know how to be.

I am not happy to report that I did not wake up at 5AM today.  I told you I would be honest and tell the good, the bad and the ugly.

I went to sleep at 9:30 PM last night so I felt I was off to a good start.  There were no distractions before bed - no technology or TV.

This is not meant to be an excuse.  Part of me thought in the beginning this might be challenging with having two young children.  My children are almost 1 and almost 3.  Last night I was up 3 times between the two of them from 2 AM and 4:45 AM.  So I was thinking at 4:45 when I was nursing the one baby back to sleep that I could just stay awake at that point but my body screamed, NOOOOOOOO.  I just didn't have that rested feeling I had been having all last week when I was getting up at 6AM.

However, all is not lost.  I have reviewed my goals and today I:

  • start my Pilates class
  • I am going to do something I have resisted for about 6 months (calling the dentist to make an appointment)
  • and I am going to do something generous today (I don't want to do this part for any recognition so I am not going to go into a lot of details about this one).
Off to start another beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment