Saturday, October 18, 2014

My Goals and Immediate Changes!

I have received some feedback already about my first post.  I want to emphasize I am not ungrateful for my wonderful life.  I have a great husband, two very healthy and happy girls and I am a happy, content and healthy woman who is dedicating these years of my life raising my incredible family, something I've wanted to do since I remember remembering.  The goals I am striving to achieve are in addition to what I already have, not a replacement and I will not sacrifice any time raising my children for these goals.  

And so...


 What sort of extraordinary am I looking for?

I want to be more in control of my life.  I want to think things into fruition, I want to feel more vibrant, make a difference in others lives around me.

Here are my goals not necessarily ordered by importance (to be honest, I hadn't thought to write out my goals on my blog so I am happy the thought hit me because now I am accountable):

1.  Become more physically fit.  I am a thin person and always have been but I have never, in my life, been fit.  Yes, I have exercised and been parts of teams but on minimal levels.  My posture is lacking and my core is weak which leads to back pain - common problems that I am committed to changing.

2.  Become more generous and giving.  I am very blessed.  I want to share the beauty and awesomeness of life with others.

3.  Become established as an icon (if I could call it that) of some sort.  I can't think beyond that and I have no idea how it may happen, but I want to make a difference in others life by written or spoken word, to pass on positive messages to change just one person's life.

4.  Create a deeper relationship with my husband.  We are true soulmates and best friends and I want to nurture all the pieces that make life long relationships work.

5.  Create more financial discretionary income.  This point goes along with point # 2.  I am grateful for everything I have and part of this goal would be to travel the world with my children, spend more time with my husband and kids together, give generously to my family and those people and organizations in need.

6.  Wake up at 5AM and apply the 20/20/20 Formula for performance.  

  • I will exercise at home because I still have children that may wake up at that time.  Some ideas I have are use my TheraBand while watching YouTube videos, walk up and down my stairs for 20 minutes, jump rope, stretching (guided by YouTube videos), sit ups and push ups (guided by an app on my smart phone), practising my balancing using items around the house; all easy things to do at home, that don't make a lot of noise and yet accomplish the goal.
  • Plan my day; activities I have to do that day, people to call and appointments to make, meal planning, review my goals and itemize what I can do each day to help achieve them.
  • Learn.  This is the part I am most looking forward to.  I love to learn and right now there doesn't seem to be enough time in a day to do it.  So TED talks, books from my local library, Google, YouTube, apps are all going to be my best friend.  I have a list of things I already want to learn about.  I have already started but am looking forward to a structured time each day to learn.
I look forward to looking back in a few months, a year or even 5 years to see what I have done!

Changes


Just with the mentality change and desire I have put into words and intention, I have noticed a change in my energy already!  Here are a few other things I have seen an improvement on.

I am jumping out of bed at 6 or 7AM gladly (that is the key word) and feeling well rested.  This is even during my 2 weeks of sickness.  YEY!   Before I would go back to bed and fall back to sleep only to wake up feeling groggy and cranky.  So that is already a victory for me and on the road to my 5AM early starts.

I've signed up for a Pilates class, something that has been on my list for a long time.  This is part of of my fitness goals.  I am working on getting energy through exercise but also to make my body healthier.  Improving my posture is big on my list of goals.  

I am making healthier choices like putting sweets down after dinner, eating smaller portions (and still feeling satisfied), walking when I could be driving, running a few blocks instead of walking, only drinking 2 cups of coffee in the morning and then dumping the remainder out so it doesn't tempt me; little wins on the way to a healthier lifestyle. 

I started this blog.  One of my life goals is to become a writer of sorts.  I have so many ideas for blogs and documenting this journey is one of them.

I started a small project and finished it within 5 days - start to finish.  That has not happened in FOREVER.  My mother asked me if I had a growth chart for my kids last Friday and with inspiration from a friend who did her own, I started it last Saturday and put it up on the wall on Thursday.  




I want to stress that all of things I have started to do in terms of exercise and making different, healthier choices, has not been a huge sacrifice.  I want to make a lifestyle change that I can sustain so if it's gradual that is fine!  

You can do all of these things too.  You don't need expensive exercise equipment, a gym membership or fancy clothes to get a little more active.  It starts with a little bit and grows as you get better.  Get off the couch the first time - that is the hardest part - because it's a vicious cycle whichever way you choose.  If you exercise, you get energy which helps you exercise more.  And the same goes if you sit around.  You are too tired because you haven't exercised but you can't exercise because you are tired.  Vicious Cycle!  Only you can break it!

I am so excited to start the 20/20/20 5AM Club on Monday morning.  I have committed to doing it 5 days a week to start.  I am healthy and feeling so much better so no delay, I'm starting Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment