Sunday, January 4, 2015

Peeling the Layers of an Onion

Photo Taken from Amazon.ca
My husband bought me a book for Christmas called "Procrastination Why You Do It, What To Do About It NOW" by Jane Burka and Lenora Yuen.  I joked with him and said I would start reading it next year but I started reading it that night and I'm really glad I did.


But this is like peeling the layers off of an onion. The more you try and help yourself the more things you find need helping.  I used to think I was standing on the ground with a ladder in front of me and I was gonna start walking up it. But now I feel like I'm in a deep hole and the ladder is in front of me and I have to get out of the hole first before I can continue up from the surface.  I know that sounds dismal but it's not meant to be.

If you are a procrastinator, I highly recommend this book. It reaches down into the core of your soul to determine the root causes of procrastination.  But it goes beyond that. It digs deeper. I had no idea I had as many issues as I do until I started reading this book.  I am being completely vulnerable to admit this.   I find myself reading the book and saying to myself, "Oh my, that is so me" or "Yes, I can relate to that" or even more strongly, "Are you sure the authors haven't been in my head??"

I am very happy.  The winds of change are blowing in my life.  Now if only I had countless hours to read it.  I am a slow reader and I don't have patience for that.  

I am building up my library so tell me, 

Do you have a self-help or other book that resonated with you so strongly?  


No comments:

Post a Comment