Monday, January 5, 2015

Frustration Leads to Change

My husband said something to me today that made me think. He said something along the lines of Not every is as strong as you to go work out and stick to it.  You have entrepreneurial spirit and you do well as an entrepreneur.

This discussion came up because I made a comment how people make excuses for not working out - anything they can justify, my husband is no exception to this rule.  I don't apologize for my comment.  If people were really honest with themselves they would realize the comment is true.  I am a direct communicator.  I never intend to be rude.  Yes, sometimes I am judgemental.  I am not perfect.  I have a lot of things to work on and issues to work out in my life.

Anyways, I digress.  

I have really been sticking to going to Pilates, trying a new workout called Barre and daily doing push ups with the help of an App on my phone.  All before the New Year as well.  I don't like Resolutions.  I make changes when I get fed up with current life and change is required.

This is what I am discovering, in myself and others.  People don't want to change until something devastating happens in their life (unfortunately, it takes desperate measures to kick some people in the ass), or they are so fed up with the way things are, they finally make a change.

I am tired of back pain, lack of flexibility and strength and lack of hormonal balance, that getting fit is necessary.  I don't want to wait until I get sick or someone I love gets sick.

So if you are not happy with your job, your weight, your relationships, GET ANGRY about it.  Get fired up and do SOMETHING about it.   

I am learning nothing comes without dedication, sacrifice and getting out of your comfort zone.  That lesson was learned hard at my first Barre class.  It was so hard.  I actually muttered the words, "I can't do it" and then I felt ashamed for saying that.  

Anytime I get close to the edge of my comfort zone, I quit.  I say I can't do it and I complain.  I become a whiner and I never realized it until I went to Barre. 

I apologize to myself for not realizing this sooner.  I am happy I know this now.  I can set goals around it, push a little harder to achieve goals.  A comfort zone is something to be broken for anything that is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment